How can I protect my child online?
At left is a copy of a presentation given by Matthew Irvine, our Director of Communications and Technology. This, along with the information below, should help you in protecting your child on the Internet.
- Keep computers with Internet access in open areas of the house, not in bedrooms
- Talk with your child: how much time to spend online, to whom she can give her email, and what types of websites she can visit
- Set boundaries for what type of information is acceptable to give out online, such as photos, event plans, contact information, etc
- Learn the policies implemented at other places your child accesses the Internet
- Block websites, chats, and emails that you do not want your children to see. There are a number of great software tools out there to do this.
Here are some helpful links: