Birth through fifth grade
“That families would learn to love the Lord God with all of their heart, be encouraged to teach the Bible daily within their home and be mindful to serve others faithfully.”
Verse 7 reads: “and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.”
The children’s ministry at First Baptist is an exciting place for kids through fifth grade to experience the love of Christ. Join us on Sunday for Sunday School at 9:45 am.
Opportunities for Kids
- Sunday School
- A weekly age appropriate Bible study for all children ages birth through fifth grade on Sunday mornings beginning at 9:45 am
- A weekly ministry to children ages 3 years through fifth grade which includes scripture memory, missions, and recreation on Sunday evenings beginning at 5:30 pm
- New Christians Class
- A class to disciple children who have recently made a profession of faith in Christ.
- Good News Clubs
- A weekly Christian-based after school program for first through fifth graders provided on the elementary campuses of Tyler, Sparta and Miller Heights
- Children’s Choirs: Kids Praise
- Find out more about Kids Praise by visiting the music ministry page
- Upward Basketball
- Find out more about Upward registration here
- Kid’s Connection in Worship
- A children’s bulletin created to involve children in the worship service.
- Easter Celebration/Hallelujah Egg Hunt
- Summer Events/Ministry Points
- Vacation Bible School
- Summer Road Trips
- Family Fun Night
- Pre Teen Camp
- Fall Festival
- Family Night in Bethlehem
The purpose of the Kingdom Kids Ministry is to help lay the foundation for future disciples of Christ. Kingdom Kids is a ministry for preschoolers and children (birth – fifth grade).
While parents attend approved church events, their child can learn about God’s love with other children. Kingdom Kids leaders teach Bible truths through a variety of age appropriate activities, including center play, outside activities, story time, games and arts & crafts.
Kingdom Kids is available for preschoolers during Sunday Evening Worship Service. We are also available for preschoolers during Tuesday morning Bible studies. Kingdom Kids is available for all ages during Wednesday evening events.
Kingdom Kids leaders must complete a thorough application process, including a background and reference check. In addition, all leaders are CPR & first-aid certified, and attend training sessions. The Kingdom Kids Ministry schedules two-three leaders per room, and follows Texas Baptist (BGCT) guidelines regarding adult/child ratios.
We have taken the steps to ensure a safe environment for children in Kingdom Kids. Some of those include:
- Secured entrance to the Preschool hallway
- Security cameras in the Preschool hallways and entrances
- Parent signature required on the class attendance sheet
- Two adult policy
- Military Family Night Out – Available once per semester on a Friday night to all active or reserve military families. Dinner is provided at no charge and registration is required by deadline.
- Sunday School fellowships – Scheduled once per semester per department. Registration is required with $4 per child collected for pizza.
Please contact Treasure Hanna, Kingdom Kids Ministry Director, at (254) 939-0705 with any questions.